Kitchens / Restaurants
Water-repellent fire doors – SP150 HYDROFEU®
The SP150 HYDROFEU® water-repellent fire door was developed specifically for professional kitchens and food industry environments with two main objectives: to comply with the very strict hygiene standards required in these environments and ensure the protection of staff and diners against fire.
A water-resistant pre-hung fire doorset for professional and institutional kitchens
The SP150 HYDROFEU® door fully meets these requirements since it certified EI30 fire-resistant and it is also water-repellent, impact-resistant, unaffected by cleaning products and corrosion-proof.
It is made of materials suitable for contact with food: grade 304L stainless steel for the door frame and door accessories and compact laminate facing for the leaf. The SP150 HYDROFEU® has been tested and certified by the EFECTIS test laboratory and has an EI30 fire resistance certificate for installation on plasterboard partitions and masonry.
ADVANTAGES of the SP150 HYDROFEU® water-repellent fire door
- EI30 fire rating (concrete and plasterboard walls)
- Water-resistant and unaffected by cleaning products
- Suitable for food preparation and food industry environments
- High quality pre-hung fire doorset
Resistant to cleaning products
Technical specifications of the SP150 HYDROFEU® water-repellent fire door
- Brushed grade 304L stainless steel welded casing for fitting on a concrete wall. A stainless steel inner casing will be necessary to fit the door on a plasterboard partition or to completely encase a masonry wall,
- Silicone seal in the back of the rabbet,
- Neat finish – all the fastening screws are invisible.
- Compact laminate facings for irreproachable hygiene and excellent resistance to knocks, scratches, moisture and cleaning products,
- Insulating, fire-resistant core
- Lock with key and stainless steel faceplate,
- Grade 304L stainless steel lever handles and hinges,
- Intumescent perimeter seals.
Fire resistance of SP150 HYDROFEU®
- Single-leaf door: EI2-30 rating granted by the EFECTIS laboratory for a leaf up to 1260 mm wide
- Direction of fire: Either
For the moment, only the single-leaf door has been tested and certified EI30 fire-resistant. The design of a double-leaf water-repellent, EI30 door is being considered for future development.
- Door closer with compass arm or slide arm,
- Porthole/vision panel with fire-resistant glass with stainless steel glazing beads,
- Acrovyn® or brushed stainless steel kick plates,
- Lock with vacant/engaged indicator
- Automatic drop down seal ensuring a better seal at ground level.
Coming soon …
More detailed documentation including drawings, BIM files, etc. can be downloaded here.
Examples of uses of water-repellent EI30 fire doors:
- Water-repellent fire-doors between the kitchen and dining area in public access buildings,
- Moisture-insensitive EI30 doors for access to the bin and waste collection area,
- Water-resistant fire doors separating the kitchen from a staircase in schools.