Hospitals / Laboratories
Sliding lead lined X-ray doors – SP440X
Manufactured to a very specific design to protect staff and patients against X-rays, the SP440X sliding X-ray door is designed for radiology and CT scan rooms in medical, veterinary or dental settings. It is also used in the nuclear industry for certain specific applications.
A sliding X-ray door for operating theatres and clean rooms
The SP440X sliding X-ray door is a high-end door for use in the most demanding environments.
It is made to your measurements and supplied ready to install, with lead shielding 1 to 4 mm thick.
ADVANTAGES of the SP440X sliding X-ray door
- Lead shielding 1 to 4 mm thick
- Superior quality – door frames not wood, but aluminium or stainless steel + door leaf made of HPL, coated aluminium or stainless steel + leaded porthole/vision panel flush on both sides
- Resistant to cleaning products.
- Easy to clean: porthole/vision panels flush on both sides, no visible screws, rounded shapes
- Manual or automatic door, single-leaf, or double-leaf for large openings
X-ray / Radiology
Resistant to cleaning products
Technical specifications of the SP440X sliding X-ray doors
- Multi-layered door panel with an outer layer made of HPL with an antibacterial surface, pre-coated steel sheet (25µ or 55µ PET), powder-coated aluminium sheet, Acrovyn or grade 304L or 316L stainless steel,
- Edged and reinforced by an anodised or coated aluminium or brushed stainless steel frame,
- Door leaf containing a lead sheet providing
lead shielding 1 to 4 mm thick,
- Leaded strip providing continuity of X-ray protection on double-leaf doors,
- Pull handles and/or flush pull handles made of grade 304L stainless steel
The heaviest X-ray doors will need to be automated.
- Anodised aluminium with polyamide runners and floor guides.
Door frames (optional)
- Casing and inner casing made of aluminium with 15µ natural anodised or powder-coated finish or grade 304L or 316L stainless steel (welded stainless steel casing and inner casing),
- Inclusion of a lead sheet to provide the X-ray protection,
- Door frames with no visible fastening screws for optimum hygiene and cleaning.
- Protective cover made of anodised or coated aluminium, coated or grade 304L or 316L stainless steel,
- Pivoting, sloped pelmet for easier cleaning.
Special door frames or pelmets can also be studied and offered as options to meet your specific needs, especially for renovation projects.
- Compact laminate door leaf,
- Leaded glass porthole/vision panel flush on both sides,
- Vision panel with integral Venetian blind,
- Lead lined aluminium or stainless steel door frame,
- Aluminium or stainless steel pelmet to protect the track,
- Acrovyn® or brushed stainless steel kick plates,
- Automatic version available.
More detailed documentation including drawings, BIM files, etc. can be downloaded here.
Examples of uses of sliding X-ray doors:
- Sliding X-ray doors on CT scan rooms in nuclear medicine departments,
- Sliding X-ray doors in equine veterinary surgeons’ radiography rooms,
- Sliding X-ray doors in nuclear power stations.