Hospitals / Laboratories
Swing airtight fire doors – SP250 AIR&FIRE STOP®
The SP250 AIR&FIRE STOP® airtight door has been designed to meet two different needs: to provide enhanced airtightness to protect clean and sterile rooms, and to prevent the spread of fire to protect personnel.
An airtight and fire-resistant door for operating theatres and controlled environment rooms
Consisting of a grade 304L stainless steel door frame and an impact and decontamination product-resistant compact laminate leaf, it is used in surgical suites, clean rooms, research laboratories and other controlled atmosphere rooms.
The leakage rates and fire resistance of SP250 AIR&FIRE STOP® doors have been tested and certified by different test laboratories and they have been issued with an airtightness certificate and EI30 fire resistance certificate for installation in plasterboard (Placo®) partitions and masonry walls.
ADVANTAGES of the SP250 AIR&FIRE STOP® airtight door
- EI30 fire-resistant (masonry and plasterboard partitions)
- Enhanced airtightness for controlled environment areas – hospitals, laboratories, clean rooms
- Optimum hygiene with cleaning product-resistant materials and a high-grade finish
- Top-of-the-range fire door
Resistant to cleaning products
Hospital / Operating room
Technical specifications of SP250 AIR&FIRE STOP® swing airtight fire doors
- Grade 304L stainless steel door frame – welded casing for fitting in concrete walls and adapted inner casing for plasterboard partitions,
- Fastenings with no visible screws,
- Silicone perimeter seal.
- Compact laminate leaf for optimum hygiene and excellent resistance to knocks and decontamination products,
- Fire-resistant insulating core,
- Intumescent perimeter seals
- Lock with grade 304L stainless steel faceplate,
- Grade 304L stainless steel handles and hinges,
- Automatic drop down seal with silicone gasket ensuring the door is airtight at ground level.
Airtightness of SP250 AIR&FIRE STOP®
- Single-leaf door: leakage < 2.21 m3/h per m2 at 20 Pa and < 3.78 m3/h per m2 at 50 Pa
Fire resistance of SP250 AIR&FIRE STOP®
- Single-leaf door: EI2-30 certification issued by the EFECTIS laboratory for a door up to 1260 mm wide
- Direction of fire: Either
Only the single-leaf has been tested and certified (airtightness and EI30 certificate) for the moment. Studies are underway with a view to the development of a double-leaf airtight EI30 door in the near future.
- Porthole/vision panel with fire-resistant glass and welded stainless steel glazing beads,
- Brushed stainless steel or Acrovyn® kick plates,
- Door closer with compass arm or slide arm.
More detailed documentation including drawings, BIM files, etc. can be downloaded here
Examples of uses of airtight EI30 fire doors:
- Airtight EI30 fire doors as access doors to surgical suites,
- Hermetically sealed fire doors in pharmaceutical laboratories,
- Airtight EI30 doors in containment zones and clean rooms.