Hospitals / Laboratories
Sliding soundproof airtight door – SP450 STILLROOM®
The SP450 STILLROOM® airtight door was developed to offer a door that is both airtight to guarantee the containment of sterile environments or those sensitive to bacterial or particulate contamination, and which, at the same time, provides high performance acoustic insulation.
An airtight door with acoustic insulation up to 40dB!
It is designed for surgical suites, sterile areas, disinfection rooms and other controlled environment areas.
The performances of SP450 STILLROOM® airtight doors have been tested by certified test laboratories, which have issued airtightness and acoustic insulation certificates.
ADVANTAGES of the SP450 STILLROOM® sliding airtight door
- Very high airtightness performance
- Acoustic insulation, up to 40dB
- Easy to decontaminate: porthole/vision panels flush on both sides, no visible screws, rounded shapes
- High quality materials and perfect finish
- Materials resistant to cleaning products.
Resistant to cleaning products
Technical specifications of sliding soundproof airtight doors – SP450 STILLROOM®
- Grade 304L or 316L stainless steel door frame (welded stainless steel casings and inner casings),
- Acoustic insulation of the door frame,
- Door frames with no visible fastening screws for optimum hygiene and cleaning
- Door panel made of high pressure laminate (HPL) with an antibacterial surface, protected and reinforced by a brushed stainless steel frame,
- Or door leaf with brushed grade 304L or 316L stainless steel facing,
- Acoustic insulation of the door leaf,
- Replaceable silicone perimeter seals.
- Anodised aluminium with polyamide runners and floor guides.
- Protective cover made of anodised or coated aluminium, coated or grade 304L or 316L stainless steel
- Pivoting, sloped pelmet for easier cleaning.
Special door frames or pelmets can also be studied and offered as options to meet your specific needs.
Acoustic insulation of single-leaf SP450 STILLROOM®
- Laminate version: Rw(C ;Ctr) = 36 (-1 ;-4)dB
- Stainless steel version: Rw(C ;Ctr) = 40 (-2 ;-4)dB
- For comparison, the SP250 HP was tested at Rw(C; Ctr) = 29 (-1; -2)dB
Only the single-leaf door has undergone acoustic insulation testing
Airtightness of single-leaf SP450 STILLROOM ®
- Leakage < 0.02 m3/h per m2 at 20 Pa and < 0.04 m3/h per m2 at 50 Pa
- Leakage < 0.43 m3/h per m2 at 20 Pa and < 0.75 m3/h per m2 at 50 Pa
- Porthole/vision panel flush on both sides, with SILENCE-type laminated glass
- Stainless steel pull handles,
- Stainless steel flush pull handle,
- Stainless steel release handle for heavy manual airtight doors,
- Acrovyn or brushed stainless steel kick plates,
- Automatic kit.
Variants and adaptations of the sliding soundproof airtight door
- Standard airtight version – SP450
- X-ray version with lead lined leaf, door casing and porthole – SP440X
More detailed documentation including drawings, BIM files, etc. can be downloaded here.
Examples of uses of sliding soundproof airtight doors:
- Sliding soundproof airtight doors in surgical suites or recovery rooms,
- Soundproof airtight doors in research lab animal facilities
- Improvement of acoustic comfort in pharmaceutical factories with soundproof airtight doors,
- Soundproof airtight doors in research laboratories (e.g. car or aircraft engine testing).